- An Integrated Approach to Intermediate Japanese
- A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar
- A Dictionary of Intermediate Japanese Grammar
- Read Real Japanese Fiction
- ALC (I use this everyday)
- Goo dictionary
- WWWJDIC (with audio clips)
- JWPce (downloadable dictionary for Windows)
- JEDict (downloadable for Mac users)
- Idiomatic Expressions
- Idioms dictionary [Japanese only]
- Counters dictionary
- Hovering dictionaries:
→Rikaikun for Chrome
→Rikaichan for Firefox
→Floating Dictionary for Mac
- Current Affairs dictionary
- Jisho (I use this for spelling kanji for if I can’t read it)
- Yamasa (I use this for learning to write)
- A Guide to Remembering Japanese Characters
- Associative Kanji Learning (stroke orders)
- Hukumusume Fairytales
- 竹取（Bamboo-Cutting） (vertical writing)
- 吉田秀幸の日記（Hideyuki Yoshida’s Diary） (recipes)
- Chokochoko’s reading texts to help with JLPT
- TED Talks (with Japanese subtitles and transcripts)
- Learning through Films [Japanese subtitles/scripts]
- 原稿用紙の使い方 (How to write an essay with Japanese writing paper)
- Shiritori (Japanese word-chain game)
Japanese sign language.
- Holy crap Japanese
- Nihongo ga Suki
- Jumpstart Japanese
- Nadine Nihongo
- That Japan Addict
- Japanese through Fandom
- F-Yeah Native Japanese
- J-Vocab of the Day
- ぶらりめし [Japanese only]
- Peaceful Chef [Japanese only]
Those studying in Japan.
I’ve added more to the list since first creating it. As always, if anyone has anything they would like to add, let me know!
Serves 4 to 6
1 lb sweetbreads, lightly rinsed and cut into 1-inch chunks OR 1 lb chicken tenders
cut into 1-inch chunks
2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten
salt and pepper to taste
grilled banana ketchup
honey-mustard dipping sauce:
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup honey
3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
vegetable oil for frying
1. Place sweetbreads, milk (replace milk with buttermilk if using chicken tenders) and salt into a bowl and stir together. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight. (soaking the sweetbreads overnight will draw out any impurities)
2. For honey-mustard: Place all ingredients into a bowl and stir together. Season with salt and pepper, cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours to allow the flavors to merry.
3. Preheat oil to 350°F.
4. Strain sweetbreads and gently rinse under cold water. Pat dry and set aside.
5. Place flour, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder in a shallow dish and mix together.
6. Dip pieces of sweetbread in the beaten eggs followed by the flour mixture and toss to coat, shaking off any excess.
7. Deep fry sweetbreads for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels quickly transfer onto a baking sheet lined with a cooling rack.
8. Season with salt and pepper and serve with honey-mustard dipping sauce.
DIY Wire Word Bracelet with Suede Tassel Tutorial from Swellmayde here. Really clear tutorial with links to all the supplies. For more wire tutorials (lots with wire spelled out words and hearts) here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/wire
I made myself some Sai brushes for soft coloring, I thought I could share them :3
Here’s a crappy little thing I threw together during class.
This is something that has been bothering me for a while. Hopefully this will be helpful to someone.
Basically, light passing through a wing membrane will be diffused and desaturated. Wing membrane istranslucent, nottransparent. Think of it as looking through wax paper. You can see a vague silhouette but the edges are blurred, and they get lighter and more blurred the further away the object is from the paper.
Hey so I figured I might as well make a post with all the stuff I use when I’m making a new theme and blogs that make good themes so yeha here we go! The ♥ next to a website means I use it or recommend it especially over the others~
PAGES UPON PAGES OF ANATOMICAL ILLUSTRATIONS OF DIFFERENT ANIMALS
I AM SO FUCKING PUMPED JUST TO HAVE FOUND THIS
Some people were having trouble connecting to the page due to a session error, so I’ve just updated it so it should work all the time!
Please reblog this one so that the people who are having trouble seeing the site can get to it, thank you! uvu